Strawberry Blueberry Spring Mix Salad
I love a good salad. There’s so many different types and ways to enjoy them. Heck, stuff them in a wrap and it can change the whole game. I’ve been craving a good steak salad lately. There was this awesome place when we use to live in Morgantown called Salad Works and it was THE BOMB. They would make steak on the spot for you for your salad. God I miss that place. Since moving, there’s really no good place that offers a quick salad to go close to where we live. Well, besides Panera. Panera can definitely be a great option, but it can also be a little pricey.
I just prefer to make my own salads. This is one of my favorite warmer weather salads. It’s cool and refreshing, plus nourishing. Each time I make it, it always ends up a little different. Sometimes it’s changing out the lettuce for spinach, or arugula, or whatever I have on hand. Other times it’s grilling some chicken for some added protein. Today, I decided to make up the salad in pint sized mason jars. This way, I can just grab and go quickly for work. I ended up ditching the crumbled cheese because mine had molded 🙁
This salad would make an excellent stand alone dish as is, paired with some grilled chicken, or even a side salad. Let me know how you change it up!
- 8oz Organic Spring Mix (mix of baby lettuces, greens, and radicchio)
- 1lb strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 8oz nut seed mix (dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- Toppings of choice: crumbled goat cheese, crumbled feta cheese, dressing, etc.
- Wash blueberries and set aside.
- Wash lettuce, spin, and set aside.
- Wash strawberries and quarter.
- In each mason jar spoon in enough nut seed mixture to cover bottom (~2 tablespoons). Add handful of strawberries. Add handful of blueberries. Add two handfuls of salad lettuce mix. If enjoying straight to bowl, layer ingredients in reverse order
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta or goat cheese if desired